Amazon Wish List Search: If you’re an Amazon shopper, you’ve likely made use of the convenient wish list feature at some point. Whether you’re saving items for a special occasion or just keeping track of products you’re interested in, a wish list can be a helpful tool for staying organized and streamlining your shopping experience.
However, as your wish list grows, it can become more challenging to find specific items quickly. In this article, we’ll provide tips and techniques for effectively searching your Amazon wish list so you can find what you need with ease. Whether you’re using a desktop computer or the Amazon app on your phone, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s get started!
What is an Amazon Wish List?
An Amazon Wish List is a feature on Amazon that allows you to create a list of items that you are interested in purchasing or receiving as gifts. You can add items to your Wish List from any product page on Amazon by clicking on the “Add to Wish List” button.
Once you have created a Wish List, you can share it with friends and family through a link or by email. This allows them to see what you are interested in and potentially purchase items for you as gifts.
You can also use your Wish List to keep track of items that you want to purchase for yourself at a later date. When you are ready to make a purchase, you can simply go to your Wish List and add the items to your shopping cart.
Amazon is utilized not just for buying but also for sending gifts to close friends and family. You did indeed read that accurately!
The Amazon Wish List allows you to order gifts for your friends, coworkers, or associates and have them delivered right to your house.
This is done magically via Amazon’s Wish List feature.
How can I search for someone elseâ€™s Amazon wish list from a desktop?
If you need to find someoneâ€™s wish list on your personal computer, you can easily do it in a few easy steps irrespective of the device. Although you can only view wish lists that have been shared with you, you can request permission to private wishlists and ask them to be shared with you.
If you need to search for a public list, you can perform a broad search of the ownerâ€™s name. Hereâ€™s how to do that:
- Open your browser and proceed to Amazon.
- Hover on Account & Lists.
- Select Find a list or registry from the dropdown menu and click on it
4. On the next page, enter the name of the person whose wish list youâ€™d like to find in the Registrantâ€™s Name box
5. Scroll through and select the wish list youâ€™d like to view from the options.
You can only view wish lists that you have access to. In the case a wish list is private and isnâ€™t shared with you, youâ€™d first need to request access. Hereâ€™s what to do:
How To View Amazon Private Wishlist On Desktop
- Go to Amazon and sign into your account.
- Hover over Account & Lists
- And select Your Lists or Create a List if you don’t have your list set up yet
- Select the â€œYour Friendsâ€ tab. You should see the lists of friends that have shared their lists with you.
- You can request a friend to share their list with you by going to the Message section
- And clicking on Copy Message or Email this message.
Aside from regular wishlists, there are also wedding and baby registries, both of which Amazon has added to its website.
- Using â€œCopy Messageâ€ sends the request via any communication avenue on your PC (social messaging, a different email, etc.).
- Using â€œEmail this messageâ€ sends it to their Amazon email, providing a notification when they respond.
Aside from regular wishlists, there are other types that Amazon has added to its website: Wedding Registries and Baby Registry.
To access either of the two lists, hover on Account & Lists, however, you should select the â€œWedding Registryâ€ or the â€œBaby Registryâ€ entry this time.
You can now type in your friendâ€™s name and search. You will see a list of all the wedding/baby registries under the given search terms. Find your friends list, and surprise them with a fantastic gift they want and need!
How Do You Find Someoneâ€™s Amazon Wish List On Mobile?
Other than the mobile application having a simple interface, itâ€™s the more famous way of using Amazon.
Whether using an iPhone or Android, the apps are identical, and you should face no problem looking up a friendâ€™s wish list.
To access someoneâ€™s list on iOS or Android, provided that you are signed in and that you have access to the wish list, kindly follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon Shopping application on your mobile.
- Tap on the profile button right after the home button. You can check the graphic below for visuals.
- Select Your Wish List.
- Tap on Friendsâ€™ Lists.
- In case, youâ€™re not friends with them, first type on the kind of registry. Baby registry as a guide.
- Then enter the name of the user to search for their wish lists on the application
- Click on your friendâ€™s name to access his wish list.
If you donâ€™t have access to the list either because the permission was revoked or it was never shared with you, you can follow these steps to gain access:
- Navigate to your Friends List as above. Then, tap on Send Message.
- Tap on Copy Message to share the link in a text message or other platform. Or select any means of communication that suits your case.
How Do You Purchase Off A Wish List?
Ordering things from someone else’s wish list is the entire point of an Amazon wish list search.
You can order products from someone’s wish list, and those items will be sent to that individual. Consider it similar to gift-buying. Because of this, you can be sure you’re giving someone something they genuinely desire and like.
Here’s how to fulfill someone else’s wish list. Even though this guide is on a PC, mobile phones can use the same interface. You can use the app to follow the instructions despite using multiple devices.
- Start by selecting the gift from the recipientâ€™s wish list. If you have no idea about how to do this, kindly check out the guide above.
- On the wish list page, select Add to Cart. You will need to confirm the action in the prompt by clicking Add to Cart once again when a popup shows up.
- From here, proceed to checkout.
- You will now need to select the address on the checkout page. Ensure that you use the Other addresses option.
- If you need to add a message to the gift, click on Gifting Options to do this. Also, you can remove the price details from the receipt.
- You can then place your order.
Remember that Amazon wish lists are different from wedding and baby registries. If you canâ€™t find a friend list, it may reside under the baby registry or wedding registry sections.
Can I utilize my friend’s wish list on Amazon?
Yes. Even better
Using the above instructions, find your friend’s wishlist.
You can have something bought and delivered on your behalf. Until they receive the gift, they won’t realize it was from you. If your friend decides to utilize their wish list privately, you can always view it from their list pages once you have access to it.
You can add the items from your wish list to your cart first if you aren’t quite ready to buy the gift yet. This will let you know if a promotion or deal is running on Amazon, so you may take advantage of the discount and place your order.
If I buy a gift, will my friend find out about it?
At least not by default, when you buy a present for a friend, they don’t receive a notification or message. “Do not spoil my surprises” is the setting for this feature.
The main purpose of this choice is to stop your friend from learning that you have bought them a gift. The function is great for surprises, but it could also lead to little tragedies if the recipient orders the present from their Wish List while it’s still being delivered.
By following the guide above, you can easily find an Amazon wish list to purchase gifts for a recipient. For private lists, however, this might not be the case.
Packages purchased off a wish list arenâ€™t too different from normal orders; the only difference is that the package will be delivered to the recipientâ€™s address.