How To Cancel Amazon Music: You might be inclined to reduce your monthly music streaming budget by canceling your Amazon Music considering the abundance of streaming options, like Spotify and Apple Music.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to cancel your Amazon Music subscription. Whether you’re canceling because you’re switching to a different music service or simply because you no longer need it, we’ll help you get it done quickly and easily.
So let’s get started!
What is Amazon Music?
Amazon Music is a music streaming service and online music store operated by Amazon. With a subscription to Amazon Music, you can access millions of songs and thousands of playlists and stations on your device.
You can also purchase music tracks and albums through the Amazon Music store. The service is available on a variety of platforms, including web, iOS, and Android, and can be used with Amazon’s smart speakers, such as the Echo.
Like Spotify, Tidal, and Apple Music, it functions similarly. It allows you to add your music and provides access to a vast library of more than 75 million songs and podcasts. Similar to its competitors, it gives you access to thousands of well-curated playlists and radio stations to aid in music discovery.
How To Cancel Amazon Music On Web Using a Desktop
Canceling from the web is likely the easiest way to deal with this situation. You have everything set wide in front of you, and it should not take more than a couple of clicks to close your Amazon music subscription.
No matter if you are on a Mac or Windows computer, or perhaps even a Chromebook, here are the main steps that you’ll have to follow to close your subscription:
- Open your preferred web browser that you are using on your computer.
- Type in the https://www.amazon.com/ address and head on to their main page.
- Go to the right corner of the Amazon homepage and select “Accounts & Lists.”
- A drop-down menu will appear, select “Membership & Subscriptions.”
- Go to the bottom page of “Membership & Subscriptions,” and you’ll see “Music Subscriptions.” Click on it, and on the screen that will appear, Tap Music Unlimited.
- Under “Subscription Renewal Details,” you’ll see the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Click on it.
- A confirmation box will appear. Click “Confirm Cancellation.”
Usually, you will still be able to use your present subscription until the renewal day. Suppose your present subscription should last till the end of the month and you canceled your Amazon Music halfway through the month, you will still enjoy the service until the plan expires.
How To Cancel Amazon Music On Android
You can also cancel your Amazon music subscription on your Android device. Whether you are using a tablet or a smartphone, it’s a straightforward process. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to your Amazon Music app.
- Click on the settings (the gear icon)
- Select “Amazon Music Unlimited.” You will get to the screen featuring your plan information.
- Scroll until you reach “Subscription Renewal.” From that point, select “Cancel Subscription.”
- The confirmation box will appear, so select “Submit and Confirm Cancellation.”
Canceling your subscription is likely among the easiest if with an Android device, as you’ll only have to go through a few short steps. Though, it mostly depends on the availability of every person.
How To Cancel Amazon Music on iOS
Canceling Amazon Music on iOS takes more effort compared to Android. Because the process is highly intuitive, you should expect to spend a couple of minutes on this.
Bear in mind that although the iOS system offers you the option of an Amazon Music app, you won’t be able to cancel your subscription from there. You’ll need to use your phone’s or iPad’s internet browser. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the Amazon official website. If you’re not signed in, enter your login credentials to authenticate your device.
- Go to your account menu and click on Account Settings.
- Look for Membership & Subscriptions in the drop-down menu. You should click on the link.
- Scroll down and click on the entry that says Amazon Music Unlimited.
- You will see a selection that says Amazon Music Unlimited Settings. Tap this option.
- The option to cancel the subscription will appear before you. Tap on this option and select a reason for your cancellation. You will get multiple presets, such as if you found a different service or couldn’t find the music you needed. Once you select the reason, you should hit Confirm cancellation.
- Confirm Cancellation
The steps are the same whether you own an iPhone, an iPad, or any other iOS-based product.
You will get a prompt that says you will still enjoy your Music subscription until the current plan runs out.
How To Cancel Amazon Music From iTunes
Since Amazon Music allows you to listen to music via iTunes, it’s only logical that you can manage your Music subscriptions from here. These two are often connected, so rather than going on any roundabout ways, you may simply cancel your subscription by going to iTunes.
The payments here are processed by using your Apple account, which makes it easier for you to cancel an Amazon Music subscription based on iTunes. Here is how to cancel your order through iTunes:
- Start by navigating https://support.apple.com/ (ensure you are logged in)
- From the main page, select Billing and Subscriptions.
- Look for See or Cancel Subscriptions and click on this option.
- If you already have iTunes installed, you will be prompted to open the application. However, you can click Download it for free to install it.
- On your iTunes app, go to the top of the screen and select Account. Also, you will need to tap on View My Account from the options.
- Select Settings, after which you should be able to see the Subscriptions. You should click on Manage which appears in front of subscriptions.
- Look through your subscriptions and find the one for Amazon Music. Select this option to move forward.
- Click on Cancel Subscription and confirm the cancellation.
With iTunes, it takes a bit of a roundabout, but you are prompted in all the right places. Once you start, the process should once more be fairly intuitive.
After Cancellation, Would I Still Receive Amazon Music Updates?
Yes you will
Sometimes, even after canceling, you’ll receive Amazon Music updates in your inbox from your Amazon account. To stop these emails, navigate to the email in question, and look for an “unsubscribe” option. It is usually found at the bottom of the email in small-font letters.
Similar to any service you’re subscribed to, you can let go of Amazon music subscriptions at any time. You don’t have to worry about the best device to use as Amazon allows you to do this on its website and also on your mobile devices.