How to change language on Amazon: It is no more a secret that the e-commerce powerhouse Amazon is renowned for providing its customers with distinctive and tailored experiences. The company still expands every day despite its wide reach. For the benefit of its consumers, Amazon offers a variety of language choices.
Customers can change the website or mobile app’s default language. The inability to utilize the app in their favorite language makes it difficult for many customers to use it. The languages that are available to you will depend on where you are in the world.
This tutorial would assist you if you’re unsure of how to change language on Amazon. Though, it is still crucial to first think about the language options available on Amazon.
What are the available language options on Amazon?
The available language options on Amazon are English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Portuguese, Korean, Hebrew, and Arabic are among the languages that are available on Amazon.
But depending on your location, you are only able to speak a few languages. You can use the native languages offered by each site that is specific to the Amazon region. Users in India have Hindi and a few more regional language options, whereas users in the United States can pick between English and Spanish.
As a result, for a better experience, you can select the language in which you feel the most at ease.
How to change language on the Amazon website
- Sign in to your Amazon account. This will take you to the homepage of the Amazon website. From there click on the country flag icon next to Account and List.
- Move the mouse over the flag icon and you would see a drop-down menu of the language
- Here, choose the language you want to use. The options might be limited by region. In the United States, for example, you can only choose English (EN) or Espanol (ES).
- In most cases, the default country is the United States. To change to any other country or another language, Click on Change country/region to proceed to the page where you make this change.
- In the Select your preferred country/region website drop-down menu, choose a different country
- For the demonstration, we have selected France as our country and French as the language. You can then proceed to click Go to the website.
Note: When you switch from one language to another, the domain should look different. For English users, the domain is expected to be https://amazon.com. For users who change their country to India, you would expect to see https://amazon.in.
How To Change Language On Amazon Mobile Website
- Open the Amazon website on your phone and scroll down to the bottom, Click on the globe icon to select your preferred language.
- Select your preferred language and click on save changes
The options might be limited by region. In the United States, for example, you can only choose English (EN) or Espanol (ES).
As you already know, the default country is the United States. To change to any other country or another language,
- Go to the homepage. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the country Flag icon
- Click on the drop-down menu to select your preferred language
- Select from the list your preferred country/region
- After that, click on Go to website
Note: When you switch from one language to another, the domain would look different.
How To Change Language on Amazon Mobile Application
If you have the Amazon app on your phone, the guide below would assist you in changing the language.
- Open your Amazon application. For users who own an iPhone, the interfaces for both the Android and iOS applications are about a hundred percent identical. You can then proceed by tapping on the menu bar on the navigation bar.
- You will be redirected to your profile where you can make changes to every of your account settings. Since our goal is to change the language on the mobile application, we will look for the flag icon just like on the website.
- By default, your country should be set to the United States if you have not tampered with the settings in the past. Tap on Settings and this will tell you to choose from a list of profile-related options.
- We will pick Country and language as this is our point of interest.
- You can then select any of the countries you want to use their language for your Amazon account.
- Click on Done and you should see the change reflected on your account immediately.