With only a few clicks, Amazon makes it simple to purchase any kind of item. However, if you’ve ever ordered something from Amazon and it didn’t suit your preference, you can simply exchange it.
I’ll cover all you need to know about How to exchange on amazon in this article, including the precise actions you need to perform. To learn more, keep reading!
What Does the Term “Exchange” Mean on Amazon?
On Amazon, the term “Exchange” refers to trading in a used item for a discount on a new item in the same category or trading in a new item for an alternative item in the same category. For instance, when purchasing a new phone, trade in your old one for a discount.
How To Exchange on Amazon
To begin the exchange process at Amazon, follow the following steps:
- Login to your account and click “Returns & Orders” in the top-right corner.
- Select the order containing the item youâ€™d like to exchange and click on Return or replace items.
- Select the item youâ€™d like to exchange from the order and choose a reason for return from the drop-down menu. Depending on the return reason you select, a text box that displays can ask you to input more details.
- An exchange order will be created with the same shipping speed as the original order after youâ€™ve picked a reason.
- Prepare the item in the original package it arrived in. You should use the return label provided in the original box. Additionally, you must decide whether you wish to arrange for a pickup or drop off of your repackaged return at a UPS site. Keep in mind that UPS pickups are cost-free if Amazon made the mistake; however, if you made the mistake, there will be an additional charge.
Please note: You are to return the original item within 30 days to avoid being charged for both the original and exchange items.
This policy only applies to exchanges of colors and sizes. Amazon refuses to match prices.
The difference in price between the item you’re exchanging and your initial purchase will be refunded to you by Amazon. You will be charged for the price difference if the replacement item is more expensive.
Exchange items cannot be shipped as presents and Amazon does not handle gift returns for exchanges.
How Many Days Do I Have For Amazon Exchange?
During the regular shopping year, you must send the item for exchange within 30 days of initially receiving the package, unless an item is specified as having a later return date.
During the holiday shopping season, however, items can be returned or exchanged at any point as long as they were purchased between October 1 and December 31st, which is about 90 days instead of the normal 30 days.
If youâ€™d attempt to exchange an item you purchased from Amazon after the allotted date has passed, Amazon will charge you for the item they exchanged their original purchase with and will not cover the shipping costs for the item being returned.
What Items Canâ€™t Be Exchanged at Amazon?
Now that you know how to exchange on Amazon, you should know customers are currently unable to return the following items:
- Computer laptops, desktops, and Kindles more than 30 days after delivery
- Items classified as hazardous materials or that use flammable liquids or gasses (contact the manufacturer directly for service, warranty, return, and refund information)
- Any product missing the serial number or UPC
- Downloadable software products
- Online subscriptions after they have been accessed
- Gift cards (except as required by law)
- Prepaid game cards (World of Warcraft, Xbox 360 Live, Wii Points, etc.)
- Some jewelry orders
- Some health and personal care orders
- Grocery products
- Open software
- Items with special shipping restrictions
- Live insects
Note that before the exchange takes place on Amazon, the exchange item must meet the following criteria:
- It’s a different size or color than the returned item.
- It’s shipped and sold by Amazon.
Does Amazon Offer Free Exchanges
The answer is simply yes.
Every item that is returnable, under 50 pounds in weight, and sold by Amazon has at least one free return option. For thirty days following purchase, you can return the product for any cause in brand-new, unused condition.
After 30 days, you will need to pay for the item you want to exchange. This is because the policy no longer covers it.
You can always return items you purchase during holidays anywhere between October 1 and January 31.
If the item you want to get from the exchange costs less than the returned item, Amazon will refund the difference in price to you. In the case the exchanged item costs more, you will need to pay this difference.
Do I Have to Return an Exchange In Its Original Packaging?
Oh Yes !!
Amazon expects all items to be returned or exchanged in the original packaging that they were delivered in.
You are also expected to use the original shipping label when sending the package back to the Amazon fulfillment center.
If you are concerned about needing to exchange an item youâ€™ve purchased, it is therefore recommended to keep the packaging for the item until youâ€™re sure you want to keep the item.
Where on Amazon is the exchange option?
The product page you chose would include this option. The steps that follow will appropriately direct you.
- You can find the exchange option by going to the product page and updating your delivery pin code.
- Click the “With Exchange” Option
- Select details of the product you want to exchange
- Click “Buy now with exchange” and complete your purchase
- Delivery associates will check if the product details and conditions match and deliver your new product.
How can I find out if the product I wish to buy supports Exchange?
Update the pin code for your delivery address and look for a “With Exchange” option on the product page of the chosen product to see if an exchange is offered for that item.
Select items from the following categories are exchangeable: mobile phones, tablets, TVs, laptops, refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners.
What kind of condition should my used product be in before it can be exchanged?
When returning a mobile phone, laptop, or television, the device must still function, and the screen must be in good conditionâ€”that is, free of any scuffs, cracks, discoloration, stains, lines, dead pixels, or other damage of any kind. Please take off any screen guards, tempered glass, scratch guards, or other protective coverings that have been put on the used product device’s screen.
The used product must not be harmed in any way, including breaking or cracking. The delivery associate will verify that the used product matches the information given when submitting the order (with Exchange). You must erase any lock codes or passwords, delete all personal data, and sign out of your iCloud (iOS) and Google (Android) accounts.
Can I buy a new item by exchanging more than one used item?
No, you can only exchange one used item for every new one.
Amazon does not offer an exchange program for used items. However, you may be able to find a third-party seller that is willing to accept your used items in exchange for a new item
Is An Exchange Possible Without a Return?
Usually, Amazon expects you to return the item you want to exchange. If customers donâ€™t return the item, they may be charged for the replacement package.
Nevertheless, Amazon may allow a no-return exchange in some cases. If the item purchased is a large mattress or a set of batteries and will be tough to return, you can get an exchange without a return.